Tuesday, November 30, 2010

music is therapy

over the past year, i have listened to songs on REPEAT just for the lyrics. i've found songs that i can cry to, or scream at the top of my lungs to out of frustration, or just be still and restful listening. most of this probably has to do with the fact i commuted an hour to work and had a lot of time in the car to listen. there's still times where i need to unwind and cry...and where do i go? to the driver's seat of my car...the only safe place i've had since this all began. anyways, this post will be full of lyrics...lyrics i've connected with and maybe you'll see the striking correlation. sometimes i feel like these songwriters knew i would be going through all this and decided to write a song just for ME. enjoy!

"I should have known by the way you passed me by
There was something in your eyes and it wasn't right
I should have walked but I never had the chance
Everything got out of hand and I let it slide
Now I only have myself to blame for falling for your stupid games
I wish my life could be the way it was before I saw your face
You stole my happy, you made me cry
Took the lonely and took me for a ride
You had my heart, now I want it back
I'm starting to see everything you lack
Boy, you blew it, you put me through it
I wanna undo it
You want my future, you can't have it
I'm still trying to erase you from my past
I need you gone so fast...

I am done, smoking gun
We've lost it all, the love is gone
She has won, now it's no fun
We've lost it all, the love is gone
And we had magic
And this is tragic
You couldn't keep your hands to yourself
I feel like our world's been infected
And somehow you left me neglected
We've found our lives been changed
Babe, you lost me
And we tried, oh how we cried
We lost ourselves, the love has died
And though we tried you can't deny
We're left as shells, we lost the fight
Now I know you're sorry and we were sweet
But you chose lust when you deceived me
And you'll regret it, but it's too late
How can I ever trust you again?

Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not
Baby when I know you're only sorry you got caught
But you put on quite a show
Really had me going
But now it's time to go
Curtain's finally closing
That was quite a show
Very entertaining
But it's over now
Go on and take a bow
Oh, And the award for
The best liar goes to you
For making me believe
That you could be faithful to me
Let's hear your speech...

tell them all i know now
shout it from the roof top
write it on the sky love
all we had is gone now
tell them i was happy
and my heart is broken
all my scars are open
tell them what i hoped would be
impossible, impossible
falling out of love is hard
falling for betrayal is worst
broken trust and broken hearts
i know, i know
thinking all you need is there
building faith on love is worst
empty promises will wear
and know when all is gone
there is nothing to say
and if you're done with embarrassing me
on your own you can go ahead tell them...

He drowns in his dreams
An exquisite extreme I know
He’s as damned as he seems
And more heaven than a heart could hold
And if I try to save him
My whole world could cave in
It just ain't right
It just ain't right
Oh and I don't know
I don't know what he's after
But he's so beautiful
Such a beautiful disaster
And if I could hold on
Through the tears and the laughter
Would it be beautiful?
Or just a beautiful disaster
I'm longing for love and the logical
But he's only happy hysterical
I'm waiting for some kind of miracle
Waited so long
So long...

All this time I was wasting Hoping you would come around
I've been giving out chances every time And all you do is let me down
And it's taking me this long Baby but I figured you out
And you're thinking we'll be fine again But not this time around
You don't have to call anymore
I won't pick up the phone
This is the last straw
Don't wanna hurt anymore
And you can say that you're sorry
But I don't believe you baby
Like I did before
You're not sorry, no, no, no, no
Looking so innocent I might believe you if I didn't know
Could've loved you all my life If you hadn't left me waiting in the cold
And you got your share of secrets And I'm tired of being last to know
And now you're asking me to listen Cause it's worked each time before
You had me falling for you honey
And it never would've gone away, no
You used to shine so bright
But I watched all of it fade...

All alone on a Sunday morning
Outside I see the rain is falling
Inside I'm slowly dying
But the rain will hide my crying, crying, crying
Don't you know my tears will burn the pillow
Set this place on fire
'Cause I'm tired of your lie
Leaving me all alone
Don't you know my tears will cause an inferno
Romance up in flames,
Why should I take the blame?
You were the one who left me neglected
Apology not accepted
Add me to the broken hearts you've collected...

Standing at the back door she tried to make it fast
One tear hit the hard wood it fell like broken glass
She said, "Sometimes love slips away
And you just can't get it back, let's face it"
For one split second, she almost turned around
But that would be like pouring rain drops back into a cloud
So she took another step and said
"I see the way out and I'm gonna' take it"
I don't wanna spend my life jaded, waiting
To wake up one day and find
That I've let all these years go by wasted...

So you took a chance
And made other plans
But I bet you didn't think that they would come crashing down, no
You don't have to say, what you did,
I already know, I found out from him
Now there's just no chance, for you and me, there'll never be
And don't it make you sad about it
You told me you loved me
Why did you leave me, all alone
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me, on the phone
Girl I refuse, you must have me confused
With some other guy
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
I know that they say
That somethings are better left unsaid
It wasn't like you only talked to him and you know it
All of these things people told me
Keep messing with my head
You should've picked honesty
Then you may not have blown it
The damage is done
So I guess I be leaving...

Every little bit hurts,
Every little bit hurts..
Every night I cry,
every night I sigh,
every night I wonder why
you treat me cold,
yet you won't let me go.
I can't take this loneliness you've given me.
I can't go on giving my life away...

Hey, baby my nose is getin' big
I noticed it be growin' when I be tellin' them fibs
Now, you say your trust's gettin' weaker
Probably cause my lies just started gettin' deeper
And the reason for my confession is that I learned my lesson
And I really think you ought to know the truth
Because I lied and I cheated and I lied a little more
But after I did it I don't know what I did it for
I admit that I have been a little immature
missin' with your heart like I was the predator
In the book of lies I was the editor and the author
I forged my signature
And I apologize for what I did to you,
Cause what you did to me I did to you,
No-no-no-no baby, no-no-no-no don't lie
no-no-no baby, no-no-no you gotta try
What you gonna do when it all comes out
When they really see you and what you're all about
She said I'm leaving
She can't take the pain
It's hard to continue this love; it ain't the same
Can't forget the things that I’ve done inside her brain
Too many lies committed, too many games
She feeling like a fool gettin' on the last train
Trying to maintain but the feelin' won't change
I'm sorry for the things that I've done and what I became
Caught up in living my life in the fast lane
Blinded by lights, cameras, you know the fame
I don't know the reason why I did these things...

Seems like just yesterday
You were a part of me
I used to stand so tall
I used to be so strong
Your arms around me tight
Everything, it felt so right
Unbreakable, like nothin' could go wrong
Now I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on
Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes
I told you everything
Opened up and let you in
You made me feel alright
For once in my life
Now all that's left of me
Is what I pretend to be
So together, but so broken up inside
'Cause I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hangin' on
Swallow me then spit me out
For hating you, I blame myself
Seeing you it kills me now
No, I don't cry on the outside
Anymore...

Hey white liar
The truth comes out a little at a time
And it spreads just like a fire
Slips off of your tongue like turpentine
And I don't know why, white liar
You better be careful what you do
I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes
If they ever found you out
You better be careful what you say
It never really added up anyway
I got friends in this town...


No comments:

Post a Comment