Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Part 1: Hong Kong

I'm so glad it worked out for me to meet Dickens in Hong Kong.  In the short time we were there, I was able to meet his older sister and her husband and explore the city with them.  It was FREEZING!!  Thankfully, his sister let me barrow jackets and scarves!  Hong Kong is a very modern city with great public transportation and good food...I just wish the weather was nicer so we could see the views of the city.  

Dim Sum- great experience!  I saw one little girl eating an octopus with the tentacles hanging out of her mouth!  I stayed away from the food I consider co-workers. 
 Walking through town square
 gondola up to the big buddha.  side note:  when we were trying to go back down, the gondola wasn't working (we took a bus down instead)!  later we found out that those people were stuck for over 2 hours!!  so glad that wasn't us!
 you can barely see it!!


 Taking the ferry to the other side of Hong Kong to watch the light show and have dinner
Hong Kong skyline 



We went to this shopping center called "the peak."  it was close enough to my name


now this was a spicy chicken dish!  the chicken was underneath and all the chili's flavored it.  sooooo yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment