"I am a precious child of God, cherished and adored. God has a wonderful plan to heal my broken heart and bring beauty from ashes. (Isa. 61:1-3)"
Friday, January 6, 2012
What a glorious day!
Yesterday was one of those days where I had to step back and be thankful for the many blessings and opportunities in my life! It was a BEAUTIFUL San Diego day!! One where I told my self I never wanted to leave this place! My old roommate and good friend, Grace, is visiting from Washington for the week so we're trying to do things that we know she misses not living in San Diego. She ALSO got to meet my boyfriend, Dickens, which was super important to me because she's known me and been there for me through the tough times and I wanted to introduce her to this wonderful guy who has brought so much happiness into my life! Soooo, a group of us went for a late morning hike at Torrey pines state park. This was only my second time hiking, but it's soooo beautiful! You end up walking up a big hill then going down a trail that leads to the beach, then you walk along the beach and there's cliffs on one side of you and waves crashing on the other side. It was full of great conversation and scenery. After the hike, we went to a little bread shop in point loma so grace could get her favorite sandwich. Then we drove to sunset cliffs to eat our lunch. We watched the surfers and even spotted a couple whales spouting in the distance!! These are the times I pinch myself to make sure I'm experiencing real life! That evening, Kukui made a delicious dinner and we all talked and laughed and played a few games. By the end of the day, I just laid in bed thinking what a glorious day I just had...sooooo glorious!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment