Tuesday, September 7, 2010

you will be missed, sumar


i just found out that one of the killer whales at seaworld, san diego died today. it was a 12 year old male named sumar, and i was lucky enough to interact with him when i worked at shamu stadium 3 years ago. he was the very FIRST killer whale i touched and did behaviors with and i will always remember him. he was such a special whale and will miss seeing him...and his brown "waffle" he loved to float on his head. here's some pics of sumar and me!



3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your friend. I am sure he is missed and will be remembered by all.
    I wanted to let you know that I looked up the nearest Women of Faith event to you and of course it is this weekend in Anaheim. You should look into it for next year. It is an awesome experience! Hope you are doing well. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so next year, the event is in Anaheim and it will be Sept 9-10, 2011.

    Here is the link:http://www.womenoffaith.com/events/2011.asp

    I really hope you can go. I know you would love it and I am sure it is something that will inspire you.
    If you are around Ohio, I am going April 29-30!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the loss of Sumar . . . love the pics you have of the two of you though. Somehow a killer whale with a brown waffle on his head just makes me smile!

    Miss you already, but I'll see you in 6 weeks=)

    ReplyDelete