Friday, April 9, 2010

SMILE

a couple weeks ago, i was chatting with krysten online (which i do quite often) and she sent me a link to an Alicia Keys song, "Wait Til You See My Smile." she told me it came on her pandora playlist and she started crying because it reminded her of me and my situation. so of course, i went on itunes and bought it so i could listen to it and she was right...it is a really great song, and one i listen to on repeat often (here's the youtube link so you can listen to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeLBUjjxjOU).

i do have moments when i truly SMILE, and i try and remember what it feels like. during counseling, i've been talking through some decisions i will have to make in the near future, one being about my career and my "dream" job. i have applied to take the swim test again at seaworld for the seasonal animal training job. i go back and forth every day at what i might do if offered a position...should i stay in the aquarium job for the job security, or take the risk of reaching my DREAM, but only being employed until september?? it's tough to think about. BUT...on thursday, i was talking through all of this with my counselor and she said something to me that i'll hold on to forever...she told me concerning this decision "i just know that whenever you talk about training or working with marine mammals, your entire face lights up...GO FOR IT!!" and she's absolutely right!!!

so with that said, i applied and received an invitation TODAY for the swim test and audition. it will take place on april 23 and until then, i'll just keep swimming...

please pray that God will keep me healthy these next couple weeks and will prepare me mentally and physically for this process. also pray for the panel of trainers who will decide if i get the job...pray they see my desire and passion for this position, and the hard work and dedication i've put into this company over the past 3 years.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a BEAUTIFUL person inside and out, and I am completely inspired by your trust in God, especially when life just seems utterly hopeless and confusing. I just know the Lord has the most wonderful plan for your life because you're NOT giving up or loosing your faith. I'm so excited that you're pursuing your dreams, goals, and passions...I will most definitely lift you up in prayer these next few weeks as you prepare for your test and audition...You'll do so great!

    I ALWAYS think of you when I hear Josh Groban's song 'Remember when it rained'...I thank God for the special and wonderful friend I have in you, you are such an incredible and amazing person and friend and are so dearly loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like from Nemo...'just keep swimming, just keep swimming.'

    ReplyDelete